At Capital Bible Church, we believe in the following:
- That the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are absolutely inspired of God, inerrant in the original writing and are of supreme and final authority in all areas of knowledge, faith and conduct.
- There is one God, eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That the Genesis account of creation is to be accepted literally.
- That Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of Mary, a virgin and was true man and true God.
- That man, created in the image of God, sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God. That all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners in thought, word and deed.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as a substitutionary sacrifice and that all who believe on Him are justified freely through His shed blood.
- The eternal security of the believer in Christ.
- The actual bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, His ascension into Heaven and His present ministry as our great High Priest.
- That the church on earth is comprised of local, autonomous fellowships of believers and that there are two ordinances; believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper, neither essential for salvation but commanded in the life of the believer.
- That all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- The pre-tribulation rapture of the church and the pre-millennial coming again of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and great glory.
Listen and/or download our Statement of faith, presented by Karl Irving:
- Part 1 – 11 (recorded on the 31st January 2010)
- Part 12 (recorded on the 2nd February 2010)
What we believe – a summary of the above:
- The acceptance of the Bible as God’s inspired word with full authority in matters of personal living and church practice.
- Jesus Christ who was God in the form of man who came to die as the sacrifice for man’s sin.
- That through faith in Christ everyone has all they need for both abundant and eternal life.